Original mandala art created using a photograph taken by Linda S. Gribko. This is the first in a series of mandalas that evoke the homely comfort of a handmade quilt. This one, which I did in greens and light pastels, started as a photo of a damselfly on a hazelnut bush. Although I pulled muted calico fabrics out of the depth of the photograph, I did not modify the metallic green or black wings of the beautiful damselfly. This piece feels like home and childhood to me–snuggled up under a well-loved and worn quilt made by a great aunt or grandmother.
Support This Blog With Your Purchase
- Monarch Butterfly Art Card - Peering In$4.95 – $5.95
- Bumblebee Art Card - Disco Ball$4.95 – $5.95
- Lapis Blue Fiestaware Box with Drain Hole$15.00
- Industrial Vibe Mandala Art Card - Rivets and Ligatures$4.95 – $5.95
- Blue Jay Sticker - Blue Jay Bliss$3.95