Original mandala art created using a photograph taken by Linda S. Gribko. This mandala started as a pretty ordinary photo of a nasturium and leaf. I started with a second chakra theme, so the orange was important, but I also wanted to introduce a bit of the desert Southwest. I found the patterning in the flower petals that leant itself to being interpreted as a Navajo blanket. As I worked, I began to see eight snakes at the center of the piece. Snakes for transformation are a perfect accompaniment for a second chakra piece.
Support This Blog With Your Purchase
- Monarch Butterfly Art Card - Peering In$4.95 – $5.95
- Bumblebee Art Card - Disco Ball$4.95 – $5.95
- Lapis Blue Fiestaware Box with Drain Hole$15.00
- Industrial Vibe Mandala Art Card - Rivets and Ligatures$4.95 – $5.95
- Blue Jay Sticker - Blue Jay Bliss$3.95